Friday, January 7, 2011

Before I hear "Will you marry me?"...

...I'm gonna have to start asking "Do you want fries with that?" RD informed me that the only thing stopping him from asking me to marry him was my lack of job and vehicle. It's not a material thing...he's just worried about me being able to pull my weight once I move in. And I totally agree with him. I want to be able to help with bills and the mortage, etc. But I can't in my current situation. I need to fix that. He said he'll help me in any way he can. He told me he really really loves me and wants to see me do the best I can in life.

I'm also pretty sure that I'm only going to have to get a car. He made a comment about how even if I were to move in tomorrow, I could get a job right in town, but how would I get there? So I'm thinking that all I'm going to need to do is save up to either get my car fixed, or see if I can afford a new one. I think I just need to show him I'm capable of saving money.

I'm just stoked that he wants to marry me. I was so worried about that for the longest time. In fact, I've almost given up hope that he was going to ask. That's why I've been slacking off on my "housekeeping:" I haven't been cleaning like I used to, or making sure dinner is almost ready when he gets home. I just thought, if he doesn't want to marry me, "what's the point?"

This really is going to help with my one resolution...I'm quitting smoking. So far it's been almost three days. I told him that I was doing it for me, but also for any kids we might have. I want to make sure I'm as healthy as I can be when I do end up getting pregnant. I'm already going to be almost 30 by the time that happens...I don't want anything to go wrong because of something I can prevent now. RD thinks it's a really good idea. He said he'll support me in any way he could. I have the best guy in the world. :-)

~♥~

1 comment:

jules said...

Good luck! Sounds like you've got motivation all around you!